Thoughts,Trivial Pursuit and Thanks






FUN FACTS

We have been back from our Adventure of a Lifetime/Ride Across America for one week now. I have a lot of thoughts in my head that I have wanted to convey and this seems like a fitting milestone to put some closing thoughts down on paper.

First the trivial numbers game. During our great adventure here are some fun facts

Terry rode Ruby (Bicycle) 2,689 miles and Red Ryder (Recumbent Trike) 214 miles for a total of 2,902 miles.

Royce rode Stripes(Bicycle) 1,520 miles and his nameless Trike 100 miles for a total of 1,620 miles.

Spent items
We started in San Diego CA. (THANK YOU  Renee Damon for seeing us off and the great pictures) and ended in St. Augustine FL 41 days later. During that time between all of our bikes and trikes we replaced 4 tires,5 tubes, 1 set of brake pads, 1 bicycle chain and a set of pedals. The car even got in on the flat action and picked a screw in the tire that caused a slow leak. Thanks to tire pressure monitoring systems, Royce discovered the leak and had it repaired without incident.

THOUGHTS

Riding my bike across America was something I had wanted to do for over 25 years. Why? A lot of reasons that would be far to involved for this post. Suffice it to say that I love being on my bike and the feeling of freedom and joy that it brings. So, why not travel our Highways and Bi-ways by bike and really see America. Royce and I have talked about it probably since the day we met. In fact to my surprise he was intrigued by the idea and readily signed on. In the end Royce decided that supporting me and riding part of the ride would be the best fit for him. This arrangement worked great and gave us a lot of flexibility in our travels. However, if there is one thing that we would both change about trip, it would be to ride together the entire time. We will definitely be together on future tours. Yes, there will be future tours, but not of this magnitude. If we had the time and means, we both would have rode our bikes back across America. Yes, we had that much fun.


THANKS

My SUPER HERO!!
Of course a ride like this does not happen without a lot of training,planning and moral support. First and foremost I am forever grateful to my biggest fan,supporter,and my favorite healer, oh and he happens to also be the absolute LOVE of my life ....ROYCE A. BARRETT. Through 10 years of talking about the ride, 18 months of training and 41 days on the road across America Royce never questioned or doubted my abilities or our path.He has always been my cheering section, at the finish line....or somewhere in between.  He is my super hero!!!

While Royce is a super hero and super healer, I have a couple of other secret  weapons that helped get my physical body in top repair.

Years of hard work and hard play has left me with several chronic injuries that were hampering my training progress. I was blessed to find two great health and well being providers in Dr. Allen Tomashefsky and Rolfer Diana Burkholder. Many thanks to both of them for their efforts in healing my injuries.
Super Redding Rolfer


Head Honcho
A BIG THANKS to our Super Duper bicycle technicians at our local go to Bike Shop...Redding Sports Ltd.  The shop is lead by John and there are several great mechanics who also provide outstanding customer service.. They have been a great source for our supplies and repair needs for many years. THANKS GUYS!!!




THE BIKE GUYS!!!!!!




And finally... last and by no means least. THANK YOU!!!! to our FAMILY,FRIENDS and WELL WISHERS. Your comments and intrigue kept us motivated to KEEP ON PEDALING!!!!

Comments

  1. Still looking for the number of revolutions of the bike peddle for 2902 miles. LOL Hey you guys are unbelievable ! What a team ! What a great support system you had from all your family and friends. We all believed in both of you !! Moral of your story- you have a dream then GO FOR IT !! Terry B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you made it. Though I had no doubts, I was beginning to wonder..........
    It was great to meet you guys and ride with you, even if so briefly in Mississippi.
    I hope y'all pass by this way again!
    CHEERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog