Sneads FL to Monticello FL
May 25, 2015
77 miles

I have told Royce for the last couple of weeks that the miles per day will be going down. Funny thing is some how they never have moved too much from the 70-80 mile range. Today really was one of the last longer days. Since we only have 4 riding days left I can say that with some certainty. We will have one more day over 75 miles.   When I started planning this adventure my goal was to ride about 65 miles per day. The weather not only ended up bumping our miles up daily, but we are also one day ahead of schedule. That is pretty amazing considering the storms we have rode through. Today's ride was a lot of fun. Outside of Chattahoochee my route took me on several very quiet back roads. Since it is Memorial Day the traffic was probably even lighter than normal. Royce had planned on meeting me before I reached Tallahassee so we could ride through the city together. While I was taking a break he called to say that a train was stuck on the track, blocking our route. He re-routed around it and rode like the wind to me so that he could guide me around the blocked road.  That saved me a lot of grief and back tracking. It was nice riding through Tallahassee. We rode through the Florida State University campus. It is nice,huge and sprawling. Again fortunately for us it was a holiday so it was very quiet. All of the streets were quiet and getting through Tallahassee was easy. I continued up Hwy 90 to Monticello. It was a nice ride up to Monticello. Monticello itself is a historic city with lots of character. One unfortunate fact about the holiday is that it seems everything was closed including restaurants. Tonight we are finally eating some of the food I dehydrated. There was a Chili Cook Off  in one of the small Texas towns we went through. I thought it would be fun to rehydrate my buffalo chili and enter it. Tonight I am glad we had it to eat.
Gretna Schoolhouse



This turtle was on a bike trail. Look at that moss back
Rode though FSU on the Legacy Walk
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog